- Knot identification tool – the best.
- Knotplot. (Example, a Brunnian link from Knotplot.)
- Charles Livingston’s Table of Knot Invariants, unbelievably useful.
- The Knot Atlas
- Knot Sketcher A java program which lets you draw a knot and returns the DT-notation.
- Knotilus – very cool.
- Visualization in geometric knot theory
- JavaView applications to visualization in geometry.
- TU calculus visualization
- TU curves and surfaces visualization
- Moebius Transformations
- Detexify Latex symbol classifier
- Tex/Latex Archive
- List of Tex symbols
- Inkscape A free drawing program.
- Jeff Week’s games: includes tic-tac-toe on the torus and klein bottle, flying through hyperbolic 3-space and more.
- Hyperbolic games like sudoku on a hyperbolic disk…
- Spiked Math Comics
- xkcd A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language.
- (x,why?) A webcomic of math humor, school life and general geekiness
- PhD Comics the life of a grad student…
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
- Big Game Hunting A contribution to the mathematics of big game hunting (or how to catch a lion) by H. Petard.
- The perfect tip from Math Fail.
- If the IRS had discovered the quadratic formula… by Daniel J. Velleman.
- Declaration of linear independence: In Euclidean Space, Jan 28, 1988, by David J. Grabiner.
- AMS article on math humor Foolproof: A sampling of mathematical folk humor by Paul Renteln and Alan Dundes.
Math, Art and Music
Mathematical Knitting and Crochet
- sarah-marie belcastro has a fantastic page on mathematical knitting and mathematical fiber arts. It’s my go-to page for information on this.
- The Crochet Coral Reef project is exhibited at many museums and art galleries around the world.
- Want more information? Click here.
- What is Change Ringing?
- There are some fantastic videos on youtube of change ringing in action. Some of our favorites include:
- Trinity Church in New York City. Rounds on 12 bells.
- Spliced Bristol Surprise Major and Stedman Triples.
- A nice touch of Grandsire Triples Leeds UK.
- Rounds at Westminster Abbey. At the end, they go into Stedman Caters:
- Some Cambridge Surprise Royal at St Pauls Church Birmingham UK.
- Hosanna. A really big bell (7.5 ton) at Buckfast Abbey.
- Dunsford Bells in Devon (You see the bells moving in this one.)